Hi RV and Caravan Renters,
This page should offer you all the information you need to make your booking. If you have any questions not included here don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to book your vehicle with AUDRV?
On our website you can get an instant quote and rent a vehicle in four easy steps:
STEP 1 – Create a Request
- Select pick up location, pick up date and time
- Select drop off location, drop off date and time
- Select vehicle type and apply any preferred filters
- Please note that vehicle collection and return services are restricted to certain times.
- Please note that some companies only have one pick up and drop of location and do not offer multiple locations.
STEP 2 – Choose a Vehicle
- You can see further information on the vehicle by clicking ‘more’ on the ad
STEP 3– Choose Extras
- Choose extras that you would like to include such as types of insurance, baby seats, ect.
- The extras that you choose will show up on the left hand side on the screen and will appear in your booking email.
- If they are marked $0 this means they are included in your daily booking price.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and continue to checkout.
STEP 4 – Review and Book
- Check that all your booking information is correct.
- Fill out your personal information and contact details and BOOK!
We wish you the best of RV & Caravanning holidays!
- You will receive an email from us with your confirmation of your booking that will also go directly to the rental company. The rental company should generally confirm your reservation within 24 hours.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 24 hours please re-contact the rental company directly.
- Please print out a copy of your confirmation or have it available on a device when picking up your vehicle.
To make your reservation you will need to pay a rental deposit. For some companies this is 100%. The rest will be paid when you collect your vehicle, or up to one month before your rental commences.
The vehicle will be full of fuel upon pick up, and must be returned with a full tank of fuel or you will be charged fuel costs.
Cleaning the vehicle and performing the necessary mechanical checks can take several hours for a vehicle and so suppliers cannot always guarantee pick-up/drop off of certain vehicles at the exact time the client has requested. For this reason it is recommended that you check timing with the rental company prior.
What is included and excluded in the rental price?
- All companies have different inclusions so please confirm with the company prior to your arrival.
Normally the below are classed as added extras and will incur extra costs.
- Additional Insurance
- Additional Drivers (included in certain cases).
- Additional Equipment: GPS, baby seat etc…
- Pillow and Bedding kits
- Fuel during your journey.
- Gas Bottle refills
- Unlimited Kms
What documents are required to pick up your vehicle?
ID of the hirer (passport)
Original driving licence of the driver
Valid credit card of one of the people travelling in the rented vehicle.
NOTE: If there is more than one driver, please ensure the relevant information is filled out in Step 4. Additional drivers will also need to bring ID and a drivers licence.
For any questions about driving licenses or credit card information please do not hesitate to contact the rental company direct.
Do rental companies offer roadside assistance?
- Generally rental companies offer 24/7 phone roadside assistance service for all customers. The number will be in your rental agreement. If you do encounter any difficulties then call the rental company straight away and they will help you as quickly as possible.
Can I cancel my booking?
- You must contact the rental company direct regarding their policies.
- Be aware that your credit card company may charge a small commission fee. If you cancel your reservation with no notice or do not show up to collect your vehicle then you will lose the deposit amount you paid for the booking.
What are the most common causes of accidents and damage to vehicles when driving in Australia?
- Damages to bumpers when parking the car, especially when parking in reverse.
- Excessive speed or inadequate road grip on gravel and mountain roads.
- Presence of animals on the road (mainly kangaroos).
- Lack of grip when driving on unpaved roads.
- Lack of attention to driving when distracted by beautiful scenery.
- Fatigue caused by an excess of daylight hours in the summer.
- Strong gusts of wind when opening car doors.
- Failure to detect a puncture/flat tyre (this cause’s major damage to the wheels).
- Roof damage due to overhanging trees (please check height limits)